Monday, March 24, 2008

Numero Uno

In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was Blogspot.

At least, that is exactly what it seemed, when I realized with a shock one fine morning that most of my friends had blogs. It seemed that blogging was as much a part of everyday life as - say - eating, sleeping, or fooling around doing nothing. And everyone knew everything about it, except poor me. As always.

So I decided to make one for myself. Don't ask me why, I have no clue. Maybe because of the selfish child in me who started shouting "MOMMY, that friend has a blog, I want one too, boohoo", or something along those lines. Anyway, the point is, one fine morning I decided to have a blog of my own (hey, let's face it, it is a pretty neat idea), and so here I am, sitting blankly in front of my computer screen, wondering what the hell people write as their first ever blog entry.

Ok, before things start getting really serious around here, let's make one thing clear. This is not a serious blog. You won't find me spouting Kafkaesque ideas here, or discussing transcendentalism. This is certainly not a blog where I will express dark thoughts, vile, serpentine, black, twisted ideas that leave people depressed, shattered, and - more importantly - bored. This is just going to be a blog where I will try to express the world as I perceive it. It's really what blogs are all about - they are simply diaries. Albeit ubercool electronic ones.

I have no clue how often I will be able to write in this blog. Maybe once a day, once a week, once an aeon, I have no clue, seriously. It's not my daily planner. It's for recording random strands of thought.

Let's see, what else? Er ... nope, that's it for today. If you like my blog, thank you, I really appreciate it, and DO come back soon. Feel free to leave comments as and when you wish. If you don't like my blog, well, hey, I'm no diplomat. I just write because I feel like it. You are under no obligation to read it.

Oh, and in case you think why my name is the Z-Particle, there's a supercool reason behind that too. Remind me to tell you about it one day. But you gotta admit, the Z-Particle sounds amazingly insanely sexy. Life is all about packaging these days.

Z

PS: Why is this blog called the thirteenth dimension? Well, it has a lot to do with F-Theory, an impossible-to-understand branch of string theory. F-theory deals with objects in 12 dimensions, and incorporates higher topology. And it has a really cool extra dimension attached to "time". But being as I am, I hate two-timers (horrible pun intended). So let's look beyond all those squiggly dimensions of F-theory, and deep into the 13th dimension.

8 comments:

Jahnabi said...

Clueless as you may think you are, I think you write wonderfully and intellectually. :)
Please update as often as you can.

Shruthi said...

Nice...... Same old template, what is it with you guys and the black theme? ;)

Pokey... Will add your blog to my blog roll :)

Shruthi said...

Ouch... I commented twice without realizing that the comments have been moderated...

hmmm... I really should go for the much pending eye check up I think..

But at least now you have 3 comments on your first post!:D

Anonymous said...

looks like the start of a great and insanely funny blog, mate. keep posting more!

Vihang said...

So you started a blog too ...

That was an interesting first post, and I am looking forward to many more post here.

Pesce Ruspante said...

Let's wait the experiments at CERN in the next ten years to decide which theory to love...
Not to say that string theory is not fashinating.

Elliott said...

Excellent! I'm excited. You might've tempted me to start one also... we'll see.

Rik said...

Thanks everyone! I'll post as often as possible. Keep the comments pouring in!

Rik